Sunday 13 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwina Currie and Cameron Mackintosh.
The Dark Mirror, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faraway Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 October 1946 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Edwina Currie: British conservative politician and Jr.
- Cameron Mackintosh: Scottish producer and owner of seven West End theaters, responsible for many of the major productions to be staged in London over the last two decades.
- Bram Vermeulen: Dutch singer (Neerlands Hoop).
- Demond Wilson in Valdosta: Georgia, USA; actor (Sanford and Son, Baby I'm Back).
- Demond Wilson: TV Actor.
- Levon Ananyan: Armenian journalist and author (d. 2013).
- France adopts the constitution of the Fourth Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?