Sunday 13 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwina Currie and Cameron Mackintosh.
My Darling Clementine, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1946 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Edwina Currie: British conservative politician and Jr.
- Cameron Mackintosh: Scottish producer and owner of seven West End theaters, responsible for many of the major productions to be staged in London over the last two decades.
- Bram Vermeulen: Dutch singer (Neerlands Hoop).
- Demond Wilson in Valdosta: Georgia, USA; actor (Sanford and Son, Baby I'm Back).
- Demond Wilson: TV Actor.
- Levon Ananyan: Armenian journalist and author (d. 2013).
- France adopts the constitution of the Fourth Republic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra