Tuesday 1 October 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Jones and Claude Vorilhon.
My Darling Clementine, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1946 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Claude Vorilhon: Celebrity.
- Alfred Jones: Grace, Mississippi -- Middleweight boxer (1968 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Eva Klobukowska: Poland -- Relay sprinter (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jon Warden: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers for one season in 1968.
- Dave Holland: English bassist composer and bandleader (Gateway).
- Tim O'Brien: American soldier and author.
- 12 war criminals sentenced to death in Nuremberg
- 1st NL playoffs, Dodgers vs. Cards (St. Louis wins 2 games to 0)
- Bob Feller is 348th strikeout of the season.
- Nazi leaders are sentenced at Nuremberg Trials.
- Mensa International is founded in the United Kingdom.