Thursday 31 October 1946, Halloween
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 31, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Rea and Andrea Mitchell.
The Devil's Playground, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1946 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Stephen Rea: Irish actor.
- Andrea Mitchell: Journalist.
- Norman Lovett: English comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Gabriel Gabrio: French actor (Born 1887).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra