Sunday 20 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Loncraine and Elfriede Jelinek.
Nobody Lives Forever, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1946 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Richard Loncraine: English director and screenwriter.
- Elfriede Jelinek: Austrian author and playwright Nobel Prize laureate.
- Lucien Van Impe: Belgian cyclist racer famous for his qualities of climber.
- Lewis Grizzard: American comedian and author (d. 1994).
- Philip Pullman: Writer.
- Chris Woodhead: English civil servant and academic (d. 2015).
- Franco Vianelli
- Diana Gittins: American-English sociologist author and academic.
- Frank Seno returns kickoff 105 yards, Chicago Cardinals versus New York Giants.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)