Sunday 20 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Loncraine and Elfriede Jelinek.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Variety on View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 October 1946 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Richard Loncraine: English director and screenwriter.
- Elfriede Jelinek: Austrian author and playwright Nobel Prize laureate.
- Lucien Van Impe: Belgian cyclist racer famous for his qualities of climber.
- Chris Woodhead: English civil servant and academic (d. 2015).
- Franco Vianelli
- Diana Gittins: American-English sociologist author and academic.
- Lewis Grizzard: American comedian and author (d. 1994).
- Frank Seno returns kickoff 105 yards, Chicago Cardinals versus New York Giants.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?