Thursday 13 September 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Louvier and Andres Kung.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1945 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alain Louvier: Composer.
- Andres Kung: Swedish-Estonian politician, journalist (d. 2002).
- Noel Godin: Belgian humorist.
- Noël Godin: Belgian writer, critic, actor and notorious cream pie flinger or entarteur.
- Les Harvey: Scottish musician, guitarist and member of the "Stone the Crows" rock band from 1967.
- Bernard Lenoir: French radio personality, specializing in independent rock. His program, directed by Michelle Soulier, is broadcast in the evenings (10:00-11:00pm) on France Inter.
- Andres Küng: Swedish journalist and politician (d. 2002)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?