Friday 21 September 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carole Feuerman and Laurent Cathala.
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1945 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Carole Feuerman: American artist, the creator of pop sculpture that shows in Tempe museum and in private collections.
- Laurent Cathala: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Jerry Bruckheimer: American TV and movie producer responsible for action films like ""Flashdance," Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Black Hawk Down," as well as popular TV series like "CSI.
- G Cameron: American singer (The Spinners and The Temptations).
- Bjarni V Tryggvason: Reykjavik, Iceland -- Astronaut (STS 85).
- Shaw Clifton: Irish 18th General of The Salvation Army.
- Kay Ryan: American poet and educator.
- Richard Childress: American race car driver and businessman.
- Ombrettqa Colli: Italian entertainer.