Tuesday 11 September 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 11, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Beckenbauer and René Belletto.
Along the Navajo Trail, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1945 ?
- Franz Beckenbauer: German football coach, manager, and former player, nicknamed Der Kaiser ("The Emperor") because of his elegant style, his leadership, his first name "Franz" (reminiscent of the Austrian emperors), and his dominance on the football pitch.
- René Belletto: French writer, and winner of the Prix Femina, 1986, for "L'Enfer.
- Felton Perry: American actor.
- Leo Kottke in Athens: Georgia, USA; guitarist (Ice Water, Greenhouse).
- Gianluigi Gelmetti: Italian composer and conductor.
- World War II: Australian 9th Division forces liberate the Japanese-run Batu Lintang camp, a POW and civilian internment camp on the island of Borneo.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - You'll Never Walk Alone
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - Along The Navajo Trail
- Dick Haymes - Till The End of Time
- Boogie Woogie - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Along the Navajo Trail - Dinah Shore