Tuesday 11 September 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Beckenbauer and René Belletto.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The White Tower by James Ramsey Ullman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1945 ?
- Franz Beckenbauer: German football coach, manager, and former player, nicknamed Der Kaiser ("The Emperor") because of his elegant style, his leadership, his first name "Franz" (reminiscent of the Austrian emperors), and his dominance on the football pitch.
- René Belletto: French writer, and winner of the Prix Femina, 1986, for "L'Enfer.
- Felton Perry: American actor.
- Leo Kottke in Athens: Georgia, USA; guitarist (Ice Water, Greenhouse).
- Gianluigi Gelmetti: Italian composer and conductor.
- World War II: Australian 9th Division forces liberate the Japanese-run Batu Lintang camp, a POW and civilian internment camp on the island of Borneo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?