Sunday 9 September 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ferruccio Ferragamo and Omukama Patrick David Matthew Olimi Kaboyo II.
Along the Navajo Trail, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1945 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Ferruccio Ferragamo: Italian entrepreneur and noted family, the son of Salvatore Ferragamo, the famous shoe maker and founder of the industrial firm.
- Omukama Patrick David Matthew Olimi Kaboyo II: King of Toro.
- Danièle Raulet-Reynaud: French Maître Sommelier and wine educator, awarded Best Sommelier of France finalist in 1980.
- Dee Dee Sharpe [Dione Larue]: US singer (I Love You Anyway).
- Dee Sharp: American singer.
- Ton van Heugten: Dutch motocross racer (d. 2008).
- Pieter-Dirk Uys: South African playwright, activist and performer specializing in satirization of social issues.
- 1st bug in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweasers from a relay and taped into the log
- Jimmie Foxx hits his 534th and final home run.
- Philadelphia Athletics' Dick Fowler no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 1-0.
- Japanese in South Korea, Taiwan, China, Indochina surrender to Allies.
- Second Sino-Japanese War: Japan formally surrenders to China.
- The first case of a computer bug is found: a moth lodged in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at the Naval Weapons Center in Dahlgren, Virginia.
- ''Radio Republik Indonesia'' starts broadcasting.
- The Batu Lintang camp in Sarawak, Borneo is liberated by Australian forces.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning