Wednesday 12 September 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 12, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Milo Manara and Maria Aitken.
Along the Navajo Trail, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1945 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Milo Manara: Italian author and illustrator.
- Maria Aitken: Actress (Fish Called Wanda).
- Christian Prigent
- John Mauceri in New York City: New York, USA; conductor (Washington DC Opera).
- Leo Kottke: Musician.
- John Mauceri: American conductor and producer.
- Franz Beckenbauer: Athlete.
- Vern M Lindblad: Seattle, Washington -- Turkologist.
- The Japanese Army formally surrenders to the British in Singapore.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - You'll Never Walk Alone
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - Along The Navajo Trail
- Dick Haymes - Till The End of Time
- Boogie Woogie - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Along the Navajo Trail - Dinah Shore