Tuesday 4 September 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 4, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Gatton and Daniel Wood Gatton.
Along the Navajo Trail, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1945 ?
- Danny Gatton: American guitar virtuoso (Born 1945).
- Daniel Wood Gatton: Guitarist.
- Danny Gatton: US guitarist, commits suicide at 48.
- Bill Kenwright: English actor singer and producer.
- Ruben Fine wins four simultaneous rapid chess games blindfolded.
- US regains possession of Wake Island from Japan.
- Hideki Tōjō, Japanese prime minister during most of WWII, attempts suicide to avoid facing a war crimes tribunal.
- Iva Toguri D'Aquino, a Japanese-American suspected of being wartime radio propagandist ampquotTokyo Roseampquot, is arrested in Yokohama.
- The Russian code clerk Igor Gouzenko comes forward with numerous documents implicating the Soviet Union in numerous spy rings in North America: both in the United States and in Canada.
- American troops occupy southern Korea, while the Soviet Union occupies the north, with the dividing line being the 38th parallel of latitude. This arrangement proves to be the indirect beginning of a divided Korea.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning