Monday 17 September 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Jackson and Bruce Spence.
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1945 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Phil Jackson: American athlete, a basketball star and coach.
- Bruce Spence: New Zealand actor.
- Johanna Fiedler: American noted family, the first born of Arthur Fiedler's three kids.
- Ponce (Puerto Rico)
- Maurizio Vitale: Swiss-Italian clothing magnate, outraged the Vatican in the early '70s by pairing bulging buttocks and parodies of Christian teachings in advertisements for his "Jesus jeans.
- Alain-Charles Perrot: French architect and Chief Architect of Historical Monuments.
- Bhakti Swami: Indian religious leader.
- David Emerson: Canadian economist and politician 8th Minister of Foreign Affairs for Canada.
- Richard Marquis: American studio glass artist.
- Bhakti Caru Swami: Indian spiritual leader.
- P. Chidambaram: Politician.
- Palaniappan Chidambaram: Politician.