Wednesday 5 September 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard D'Aboville and Marie-Pierre Delbecque.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1945 ?
- Gérard D'Aboville: French adventurer, the first man to row across two oceans solo: the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
- Marie-Pierre Delbecque: French artist in stained glass.
- Gerard D'Aboville: French adventurer, crossed the Pacific in a rowboat.
- Asko Jantunen: Finnish acupuncturist, a physician who introduced acupuncture to Finland.
- Eva Bergman: Swedish director and screenwriter.
- Al Stewart: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Clem Hill: Australian cricketer and engineer (d. 1945).
- (2030 hours) Igor Gouzenko, a cipher clerk at the Soviet embassy in Ottawa, Canada, leaves the embassy with 109 top secret documents, seeking political asylum rather than return to the Soviet Union.
- Iva Toguri D'Aquino, a Japanese-American suspected of being wartime radio propagandist Tokyo Rose, is arrested in Yokohama.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?