Tuesday 3 August 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Step Up 3D, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Live To Tell by Lisa Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacuum with Gal Gabai.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney Channel All Star Party or Dogfight 1951.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 August 2010 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 August
- Adaisseh incident:
- Three Lebanese soldiers, one Israeli soldier, and a journalist are killed, and others are wounded, in clashes along the Israel-Lebanon border. (AFP via Google News)
- The United Nations Security Council goes into closed-door consultations. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu claims that IDF soldiers did not cross the border. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Lebanese officials maintain it was the fault of Israel and expresses dissatisfaction at Israel's ampquotaggressionampquot against their country. (''Gulf Daily News'')
- Assassination of Raza Haider:
- Around 46 people are killed and more than 100 others are wounded in Karachi during violent scenes that follow the assassination. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- Police fill the streets of Karachi and Hyderabad is also deserted. (Reuters)
- Twin explosions kill at least 3 people and injure at least 50 others in a crowded shopping area in Kut, Wasit women and children are seen bleeding in the streets. (BBC)
- Authorities shoot dead at least 2 people for protesting on a highway near Srinagar in Kashmir. (Aljazeera)
- Hundreds of people supporting Lech Kaczyński are sprayed with lachrymator by police outside Warsaw's Presidential Palace. (''The Washington Post'')
- Jordan says it has evidence that a fatal Grad-type rocket strike on Aqaba originated in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At least 5 police officers are shot dead at a checkpoint in Baghdad, Iraq. (Aljazeera)
- A battle erupts as the Taliban attacks the Kandahar Air Field, the main NATO base in southern Afghanistan. The battle lasts an hour, after which the Taliban flee. (Aljazeera)
- A worker kills 9 people, including himself, in a workplace incident at Hartford Distributors Inc in Connecticut, United States. (BBC)
- A car bomb explodes in Derry, Northern Ireland, injuring no one. (''The Irish Times'')
- The daughter of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston once again call off their engagement after it's revealed that Johnston fathered a child with another woman. (ABC)
- A letter is unveiled demonstrating how Robert Burns was ampquotreduced and shatteredampquot in his final days it will soon be exhibited in Edinburgh, Scotland. (BBC)
- Tokyo's ampquotoldest womanampquot cannot be located, casting doubts upon her claim to the title. (''The Guardian'')
- 2010 Khyber Pakhtunkhwa floods:
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?