Friday 6 August 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Boy Wonder, directed by Michael Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Sh*T My Dad Says by Justin Halpern was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grandma's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Darksiders or Dead Rising 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 August 2010 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 August
- The incoming coalition government of the United Kingdom discontinues the use of the controversial ContactPoint database of children.
- NATO admits it killed ampquotbetween four and a dozen or more civiliansampquot in Nangarhar Province as a result of air strikes on August 5. (''The New York Times'')
- Germany offers compensation of €3,800 to each family of 91 of the 142 people it killed and 11 it injured in an air strike near Kunduz, an incident which provoked outrage and led to political and military resignations. The Bundeswehr does not admit guilt and families say they may sue. (''Der Spiegel'')
- Pakistan's Major-General Tariq Khan urges NATO to do more to control the border with Afghanistan, amid increasing UK and U.S. pressure for Pakistan to deal with it. (BBC)
- Israeli authorities shut down all crossings into Gaza for the day. (Bernama)
- The United Arab Emirates says the incident in which the Japanese tanker, the MV ''M. Star'', was damaged in the Strait of Hormuz near Oman last week involved an explosives-laden dinghy. (AFP)
- An explosion at Zamboanga International Airport in the southern Philippines kills two people and injures 24. (''Philippine Inquirer'')
- French police dismantle Roma camps in Saint-Étienne by order of the president. (''The Irish Times'')
- Reykjavík's mayor, Jón Gnarr of the Best Party, dresses in drag for the opening of the city's gay pride festival. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Chinese culture minister Cai Wu expresses dismay at the quality of cultural productions in his country. (Reuters)
- Vladimir Putin, the Prime Minister of Russia, bans export of flour and wheat from August 15 to December 31 due to the worst drought in Russian history. (Reuters)
- A 22-year-old Chinese woman falls from a building, becoming the thirteenth Foxconn employee to die in a spate of deaths at the company. (BBC)
- The Tata Group establishes a five-man panel in the search for Ratan Naval Tata's successor as its head of business. (''The Asian Age'')
- Mark Hurd resigns as chief executive officer of computer company Hewlett-Packard following investigation of a sexual harassment claim. (BBC)
- Flash floods in the Ladakh region of India's Jammu and Kashmir state kill at least 113 people and leave lots of others missing. (''The Times of India'')
- Rescue efforts continue to save 34 people trapped in a mine after a rock collapse near Copiapó. (''Mining Weekly'')
- China suspends traffic on the Yalu River and evacuates more than 40,000 people from Dandong over fears of flooding amid unprecedented levels of rainfall. (''BusinessWeek'')
- Smoke from Russian wildfires covers famous landmarks and delays more than 140 flights at Moscow airports while official figures indicate that 14,340 people died in Moscow during July 2010 4,824 more than the same month last year. (''The Guardian'')
- Mount Karangetang, a volcano on the Indonesian island of Siau, erupts. (AP via ''Seattle PI'')
- Hiroshima marks the 65th anniversary of the world's first atomic bomb attack United States representatives attend in an official capacity for the first time. (''China Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 August 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lierse - Standard : 1 - 4
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Nimes : 1 - 0
- Boulogne - Clermont : 1 - 1
- Chateauroux - Istres : 0 - 0
- Dijon - Angers : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Norwich - Watford : 2 - 3
- Roda - Twente : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Low prices and weak currencies are drawing Asian buyers, with one report crediting them with 49% of all recent investment purchases in London. [..]
Bank of America is angling to be released from a confidential memorandum of understanding that was imposed by American regulators during the financial crisis, The Wall Street Journal reported. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.69
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.29
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.40
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.97
- 1 CHF = 6.5152 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5915 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0098 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.215 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?