Wednesday 4 August 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Boy Wonder, directed by Michael Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Born To Run by Christopher McDougall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grandma's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Rising 2 or Darkstar: The Interactive Movie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2010 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- California's Proposition 8, the ballot initiative prohibiting same-sex marriage passed by the state's voters in 2008, is overturned by Judge Vaughn Walker in the case Perry v. Schwarzenegger.
- The confirmed death toll from flooding in China rises above 1,000. (Associated Press)
- About 70 Indian police personnel are reported missing in Chhattisgarh forests amid a major engagement with Maoist guerrillas they are later found. No casualties have been reported. (Aljazeera)
- Lebanon arrests a man it suspects has spied for Israel. (Aljazeera)
- Israeli shellfire kills a Palestinian militant and wounds 1 other in Khan Yunis in the Gaza Strip as the search gets underway for further casualties. (Reuters)
- Corpses belonging to 59 migrants are located in a desert in the U.S. state of Arizona. (BBC)
- Police in Karachi arrest suspects in its investigation into a recent assassination, as the death toll in riots reaches 63. (BBC)
- At least 6 people are killed and around 50 others are injured in twin car bombings in Kut. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills 4 people, a paramilitary commander Sifwat Ghuyur and three bodyguards, in Peshawar. (BBC)
- Adaisseh incident:
- The United Nations Peacekeeping Forces assert that Israeli soldiers were attacked in Israeli territory while performing routine maintenance, leading to yesterday's deadly clash. (Boston Herald)
- Hezbollah's second in command Naim Qassem warns that the organisation will ampquotretaliateampquot against Israel if there are further incidents. (AFP via Google News)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu warns both Hamas and Lebanon about further attacks on Israelis. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- A Lebanese government official confirms that Israel was not in violation of international law. (ANSAmed)
- Officials say more than 28,000 people have died in Mexican drug violence since December 2006, thousands more than previously thought. (BBC)
- India expresses deep regret that its police had to kill at least 28 people this week in Kashmir, with its Home Affairs Minister requesting that protesters stop. (BBC)
- New Zealand experiences its first combat fatality in Afghanistan he was also the country's first military death in fighting anywhere for a decade. (''The Washington Post'')
- A man found dead in forest near Trongsa is thought to have been killed by a tiger, possibly Bhutan's first such death in 15 years. (BBC)
- A controlled explosion is carried out on a device discovered beneath the car of a serving soldier, believed to be an army major, in Bangor, County Down in Northern Ireland. (''The Guardian'')
- A vault containing non-words - those rejected by the ''Oxford English Dictionary'' - is uncovered. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Guillaume d’Hauteville, vice chairman for investment banking in Europe at Nomura Holdings, sat down with DealBook to discuss the state of mergers and acquisitions in Europe, the demise of Lehman Brothers and the future of the euro zone. [..]
General Motors’ anticipated initial public offering may be a hard sell. After all, the automaker burned investors with its Chapter 11 filing a little over a year ago. But companies that emerge from bankruptcy can significantly outperform the stock market. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.68
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.57
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.21
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.42
- 1 CHF = 6.4286 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6545 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0344 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.209 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?