Wednesday 18 August 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Empire Of The Summer Moon by S. C. Gwynne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 100 Rogues or Avalon Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 18 August 2010 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 August
- The corpse of mayor Edelmiro Cavazos of the Mexican town of Santiago, Nuevo León, is found handcuffed and blindfolded after his abduction on Sunday night. (Reuters)
- 18 countries, including the United States, deploy naval troops in joint exercises which they say are an attempt to defend the Panama Canal against terrorism. (United States Department of Defense)
- Julian Assange of Wikileaks says the United States has approached the website to try to negotiate the release of a further 15,000 Afghanistan war documents which the military desires to keep secret the United States denies this. (Aljazeera)
- The United States ends combat operations in Iraq as its last combat brigade departs for Kuwait. (MSNBC)
- 3 Indian peacekeepers serving in a United Nations peacekeeping operation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are killed by rebels in an apparent ambush. (''Hindustan Times'')
- The United States deploys troops along its border with Mexico by the order of President Barack Obama. (BBC)
- The American Ballet Theatre is given permission by its country's President, Barack Obama, to perform in Cuba it would be the first time in 50 years. American tourists are still banned by their government from travelling to Cuba. (AFP via France24)
- Rupert Murdoch provides $1 million to the U.S. Republican Party ahead of an important election in November, more than doubling the party's funds with one of the largest handouts by a media organisation critics declare Fox News is not impartial. (''The Irish Times'')
- More than 1 million state workers in South Africa go on strike to demand an increase in pay. (''Times Live'')
- Iceland lowers its interest rate to 7%. (BBC)
- Foxconn holds employee rallies in a bid to stem the recent huge increase in suicides by its employees. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 2010 Pakistan floods:
- The United Nations says that flood relief aid to Pakistan is ampquotarriving too slowlyampquot. (''The New York Times'')
- The European Union pledges an additional $39 million and the Islamic Development Bank pledges $11.2 million. (Aljazeera)
- A North Korean fighter plane crashes in China near the border, killing the pilot and possibly a second pilot bailing out. Pictures posted by local residents show a Soviet plane design which were used in the Korean War. It is suggested to have been a defection attempt. (Yonhap)
- At least 67 people are missing in new landslides in Yunnan, southwest China, with at least two deaths confirmed. (AP via Google News(
- Scientists blame a peculiar double earthquake earthquake for the deadly tsunami responsible for the deaths of 192 people in the South Pacific last September, and described as ampquotunlike anything seismologists have seen beforeampquot. (BBC)
- A bus plunges into a 100 metre ravine in the Philippines Benguet province resulting in 39 deaths. (CNN)
- 3 people are killed and 3 others are missing after a South Korean fishing boat sinks 400 miles from Dunedin on the South Island of New Zealand. (CNN)
- Moroccan activists blockading a Spanish enclave in protest at alleged abuses by border police agree to suspend the action during Ramadan. (Aljazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Find Your Love - Drake
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Neon Trees - Animal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Out NYC Urban Resort is one of a number of gay-themed entertainment complexes recently opened or planned across the country. [..]
China Huaneng Group, the nation’s biggest electricity producer, is in advanced talks to buy a stake in Massachusetts-based power utility InterGen for about $1.2 billion. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $33.99
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.85
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $70.34
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.15
- 1 CHF = 6.5146 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6026 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0129 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.102 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?