Wednesday 11 August 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair or Disc Drivin'.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 August 2010 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 August
- Markus Liebherr: German-born Swiss owner of Southampton Football Club (Born 1948).
- Dan Rostenkowski, Illinois Democratic Representative (1958-94), dies at age 82.
- A grenade attack occurs during rush hour in Kigali, Rwanda, two days after the country's presidential election. (BBC)
- A government-appointed commission in Sri Lanka investigating the country's civil war opens. (Aljazeera)
- Corpses of more than 50 people are unearthed in Perućac lake on the border between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia by investigators looking for people who were killed during the 1992-95 Bosnian War. (BBC)
- 8 Iraqi soldiers are killed and 4 others are wounded by an explosion at a house in Diyala. (BBC)
- Millions of Muslims begin the holy month of Ramadan in which they are required to fast between sunrise and sunset. (''The Guardian'')
- Pope Benedict XVI refuses the resignations of Irish bishops Eamonn Walsh and Raymond Field, who resigned at Christmas over criticism in the Murphy Report into child sexual abuse. (''The Washington Post'')
- The Buggles, known for ampquotVideo Killed the Radio Starampquot, the first song played on MTV, announce they are to reunite for a one-off first ever live performance. (''The Guardian'')
- An American museum launches an appeal designed to restore 5 dresses that actress Vivien Leigh wore in the film ''Gone with the Wind'' (1939) ahead of 2014's 75th anniversary. (BBC)
- The internet parody video ampquotNewport State of Mindampquot, which had received hundreds of thousands of hits, is taken off YouTube due to a ampquotcopyright claimampquot by EMI Publishing. (BBC)
- A preliminary investigation blames driver error for many Toyota accidents. (''The Guardian'')
- International stock markets slump in value in Asia, Europe and North America due to speculation brought about by comments from the Federal Reserve System of the United States. (CBC News)
- The Bank of England's governor Mervyn King admits the economy will not grow very much and inflation will stay higher for longer in the UK, describing as a ampquotchoppy recoveryampquot being ahead over the next two years. (BBC)
- Fires are reported in Russia's nuclear-contaminated forests from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986, amid concerns about the spread of radiation. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Heavy rains threaten rescue efforts after a deadly mudslide in Gansu, China, as the death toll reaches 1,117. (Aljazeera)
- 2010 Pakistan floods:
- Food prices quadruple in Pakistan as conditions worsen and at least 1.4 million acres of crops are wiped out in Punjab by Pakistan's worst floods. (BBC)
- The United Nations warns that there could be a second wave of deaths due to the devastation caused by the floods. (''Mail Guardian'')
- Gordon Brown requests that the British public supply more money to be used to help those affected by the floods. (''The Guardian'')
- National Transportation Safety Board investigators arrive at the scene of the 2010 Alaska plane crash near Aleknagik, Alaska. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Yields on 10-year Treasury securities, a vital benchmark for home mortgages and corporate loans, tumbled to the lowest level in more than a year on Tuesday after the Federal Reserve said it would buy up government debt in an effort to bolster the nation’s increasingly fragile economy. [..]
Robert F. X. Sillerman’s latest run at CKX has many issues that need to be resolved, enough that the bid rises to “deal from hell” status, according to the Deal Professor. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.25
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.16
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.08
- 1 CHF = 6.3878 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4675 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.013 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.06 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?