Saturday 3 January 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manuel Aragon and Vasco Moura.
They Died with Their Boots On, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Song of Bernadette by Franz Werfel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1942 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Manuel Aragon: Spanish film director of ten films, filled with political commentary mixed with melodrama.
- Vasco Moura: Portuguese poet, and translator as well as politician and administrator for the arts.
- David Roosevelt: American business leader, an investment manager from a noted family, being the twelfth grandchild of president Franklin D. Roosevelt and first lady, Eleanor Roosevelt.
- John Marsden: Australian lawyer, gay activist (d. 2006).
- John Thaw: English actor and producer (d. 2002).
- Pauline Beersmans [PLJM van Cuyck]: Flemish actress, dies at age 70.
- American-British-Dutch-Australian (ABDA) Command forms.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?