Monday 3 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 3, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ferdinand Mount and Paul Williams.
Bulldog Drummond's Bride, directed by James P. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1939 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Paul Williams: Musician.
- Ferdinand Mount: Writer.
- Jay Tarses in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor/writer (Open All Night, Duck Factory).
- Laszlo Kovacs: Hungarian politician and diplomat.
- François Terrasson: French writer and naturalist.
- Brigitte Fassbaender: German soprano and director.
- László Kovács: Hungarian politician and diplomat Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Coco Laboy: Puerto Rican baseball player.
- Lou Gehrig day; baseball player Gehrig makes "luckiest man" speech.
- Ernst Heinkel demonstrates 800-kph rocket plane to German leader Adolf Hitler.