Friday 3 July 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M F K Fisher and Thomas Narcejac.
Maria Marten, directed by William Haggar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1908 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- M F K Fisher: American writer (d. 1992).
- Thomas Narcejac: French writer, famed for his voluminous output.
- MFK Fisher: American writer with a career of over 60 years in which she wrote hundreds of stories for the New Yorker as well as 15 books of essays and reminiscences, a translation, a novel, a screenplay, a book for children and dozens of travelogues.
- M Fisher: American author (d. 1992).
- Robert Meyner: American lawyer and politician 44th Governor of New Jersey (d. 1990).
- Fernand Bailleux: French naval officer, who died in Cannes on 14 June 2003.
- Robert B Meyner: American politician (d. 1990).
- Joel Chandler Harris: Created Uncle Remus, dies at 59.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?