Sunday 3 March 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Perry Ellis and Jean-Paul Proust.
Too Many Husbands, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1940 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Perry Ellis: American fashion designer; top of the field since 1978.
- German Castro Caycedo: Colombian writer and journalist.
- Jean-Paul Proust: French and Monegasque civil servant.
- Germán Caycedo: Colombian author and journalist.
- Owen Spencer-Thomas: English broadcaster, journalist and Anglican clergyman.
- Artie Shaw records Frenesi on RCA Victor label
- In Sweden, a time bomb destroys the office of ''Norrskenflamman'' (a Swedish communist newspaper), killing 5.