Saturday 3 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Hartz and Fran Tarkenton in Richmond.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1940 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Jim Hartz: Newscaster (NBC-TV, Innovations).
- Fran Tarkenton in Richmond: Virginia, USA; NFL quarterback (New York Giants, Minnesota Vikings).
- Fran Tarkenton: American football player, TV personality and computer software executive.
- Francis Tarkenton: Richmond sports Champions.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?