Thursday 14 March 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rita Tushingham and Amedeo Amodio.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1940 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Rita Tushingham: Liverpool, England -- Actress (Green Eyes, Dr Zhivago).
- Amedeo Amodio: Italian ballet dancer, choreographer, actor.
- Eleanor Fount: English actress (Women in Love, Bedazzled).
- Metin Altıok: Turkish poet and educator (d. 1993).
- 27 killed, 15 injured when truck full of migrant workers collides with a train outside McAllen, Texas, USA.