Thursday 14 March 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eleanor Fount and Rita Tushingham.
Virginia City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1940 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Eleanor Fount: English actress (Women in Love, Bedazzled).
- Rita Tushingham: Liverpool, England -- Actress (Green Eyes, Dr Zhivago).
- Amedeo Amodio: Italian ballet dancer, choreographer, actor.
- Metin Altıok: Turkish poet and educator (d. 1993).
- 27 killed, 15 injured when truck full of migrant workers collides with a train outside McAllen, Texas, USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?