Tuesday 5 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Rose Oakar and Malcolm Hebden.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1940 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Mary Rose Oakar: (Rep).
- Malcolm Hebden: English actor.
- Claude Lacaze: French rugby player, selected 33 times in international events between 1961 and 1969 to play as full back.
- Tom Butler: English bishop.
- Graham McRae: New Zealand racing driver.
- Sepp Piontek: German footballer and manager
- Cai Yuanpei: Chinese philosopher academic and politician (d. 1940).
- Members of Soviet politburo sign an order for the execution of 25,700 Polish intelligentsia, including 14,700 Polish POWs, known also as the Katyn massacre.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?