Tuesday 5 March 1940US date format: 3/5/1940, UK date format: 5/3/1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Lacaze and Malcolm Hebden.
Pioneers of the West, directed by Lester Orlebeck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1940 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Claude Lacaze: French rugby player, selected 33 times...
- Mary Rose Oakar: (Rep).
- Malcolm Hebden: English actor.
- Tom Butler: English bishop.
- Graham McRae: New Zealand racing driver.
- Sepp Piontek: German footballer and manager.
- Cai Yuanpei: Chinese philosopher academic and...
- Members of Soviet politburo sign an order for the execution of 25,700 Polish intelligentsia, including 14,700 Polish POWs, known also as the Katyn massacre.