Tuesday 12 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Johanneson and MA Numminen.
Virginia City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Albert Johanneson: Soccer star.
- MA Numminen: Finnish singer and writer.
- Al Jarreau in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; jazz singer ("Moonlighting").
- Al Jarreau: American jazz singer, widely known for singing the theme song to the hit television series, "Moonlighting.
- Jean Larivière: French photographer and mixed media artist (watercolours and photography).
- M Numminen: Finnish singer-songwriter and producer (Suomen Talvisota)
- Finland surrenders to Russia during WWII, gives Karelische Isthmus
- Winter War: Finland signs the Moscow Peace Treaty with the Soviet Union, ceding almost all of Finnish Karelia. Finnish troops and the remaining population are immediately evacuated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?