Tuesday 12 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Jarreau and MA Numminen.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Al Jarreau: American jazz singer, widely known for singing the theme song to the hit television series, "Moonlighting.
- Albert Johanneson: Soccer star.
- MA Numminen: Finnish singer and writer.
- Al Jarreau in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; jazz singer ("Moonlighting").
- Jean Larivière: French photographer and mixed media artist (watercolours and photography).
- M Numminen: Finnish singer-songwriter and producer (Suomen Talvisota).
- Finland surrenders to Russia during WWII, gives Karelische Isthmus
- Winter War: Finland signs the Moscow Peace Treaty with the Soviet Union, ceding almost all of Finnish Karelia. Finnish troops and the remaining population are immediately evacuated.