Wednesday 27 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cale Yarborough and Sandro Munari.
Dark Command, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1940 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Cale Yarborough
- Sandro Munari: Italian race-car driver, a champion on the racing circuit.
- Bombay (India)
- June Wilkinson: Eastbourne, England -- Actress (Absolutely Glamarous).
- Austin Pendleton: American actor (film, television, and stage), a playwright, and a theatre director and instructor.
- Janis Martin: American singer and guitarist (d. 2007).
- Austin Pendleton in Warren: Ohio, USA; actor (Short Circuit, Simon, Hello Again).
- Derrick Morgan: Jamaican singer-songwriter and producer.
- Silvano Bertini: Italian boxer.
- Lindy Infante: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Christina Jutterström: Swedish journalist.
- Ullrich Libor: German sailor.
- Michael Joseph Savage: Prime Minister of New Zealand (Born 1872).
- Himmler orders building of Auschwitz concentration camp, at Katowice