Wednesday 27 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cale Yarborough and Bombay (India).
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 March 1940 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Cale Yarborough
- Sandro Munari: Italian race-car driver, a champion on the racing circuit.
- Bombay (India)
- June Wilkinson: Eastbourne, England -- Actress (Absolutely Glamarous).
- Austin Pendleton: American actor (film, television, and stage), a playwright, and a theatre director and instructor.
- Ullrich Libor: German sailor.
- Janis Martin: American singer and guitarist (d. 2007).
- Derrick Morgan: Jamaican singer-songwriter and producer.
- Austin Pendleton in Warren: Ohio, USA; actor (Short Circuit, Simon, Hello Again).
- Silvano Bertini: Italian boxer.
- Lindy Infante: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Christina Jutterström: Swedish journalist.
- Michael Joseph Savage: Prime Minister of New Zealand (Born 1872).
- Himmler orders building of Auschwitz concentration camp, at Katowice
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?