Wednesday 27 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Austin Pendleton in Warren and Sandro Munari.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1940 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Austin Pendleton in Warren: Ohio, USA; actor (Short Circuit, Simon, Hello Again).
- Sandro Munari: Italian race-car driver, a champion on the racing circuit.
- Austin Pendleton: American actor (film, television, and stage), a playwright, and a theatre director and instructor.
- Silvano Bertini: Italian boxer.
- Lindy Infante: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Christina Jutterström: Swedish journalist
- Ullrich Libor: German sailor
- Janis Martin: American singer and guitarist (d. 2007)
- Derrick Morgan: Jamaican singer-songwriter and producer
- June Wilkinson: Eastbourne, England -- Actress (Absolutely Glamarous)
- Michael Joseph Savage: Prime Minister of New Zealand (Born 1872).
- Himmler orders building of Auschwitz concentration camp, at Katowice
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 March 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?