Sunday March 31, 1940
US date format: 3/31/1940, UK date format: 31/3/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 31, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Patrick J Leahy American politician (Senator-Democrat-Vermont and Jim Criner.
Dark Command, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 31, 1940?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- See more
- Karelo-Finnish SSR becomes 12th Soviet republic (lasts until 1956).
- WWII: Commerce raiding
- Jim Criner: WLAF head coach (Scottish Claymores).
- Patrick J Leahy American politician (Senator-Democrat-Vermont: 1975-).
- Brian Ackland-Snow: English production designer and art...
- Barney Frank: American lawyer and politician.
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial