Wednesday 20 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mickey Preger and Stathis Chaitas.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1940 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Mickey Preger: Horse trainer.
- Stathis Chaitas: Greek footballer and manager.
- Mary Mark: American photographer and journalist (d. 2015).
- Giampiero Moretti: Italian race car driver and businessman founded the Momo company (d. 2012).
- Alfred Ploetz: German physician, biologist, and eugenicist (Born 1860).
- Paul Reynoud becomes French Premier
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?