Wednesday 20 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mickey Preger and Mary Ellen Mark.
Son of the Navy, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1940 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Mary Ellen Mark: Photographer.
- Mickey Preger: Horse trainer.
- Stathis Chaitas: Greek footballer and manager.
- Mary Mark: American photographer and journalist (d. 2015).
- Giampiero Moretti: Italian race car driver and businessman founded the Momo company (d. 2012).
- Alfred Ploetz: German physician, biologist, and eugenicist (Born 1860).
- Paul Reynoud becomes French Premier