Wednesday 6 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe and Ken Danby.
Pioneers of the West, directed by Lester Orlebeck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1940 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe: French philosopher, literary critic and translator, who died on 27 January 2007 in Paris.
- Ken Danby: Canadian artist, one of the world's foremost contemporary realist painters.
- Philippe Amaury
- Willie Stargell: American baseball player and coach (d. 2001).
- Willie Stargell outfielder/first baseman (Pittsburgh Pirates: 1971 National League homerun leader).
- Jeff Wooller: English accountant and banker.
- Dan Milland: American writer, noted family, suicide, son of actor Ray Milland and Muriel Weber.
- Joanna Miles: Nice, France -- Actress (Cross Creek, Delta County USA).
- 1st US telecast from an airplane, New York City
- First US telecast from an airplane, New York City, New York.