Friday 8 March 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Samuels (film director) and Karl Tani.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 March 1940 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Stuart Samuels (film director)
- Karl Tani: Japanese-American graphic artist who did the illustrations and Tarot images for an early edition of Steinbrecher's "The Inner Guide Meditation.
- Georges Colombier
- Richard Williamson
- Theo Laseroms: [The Tank]; Dutch soccer player (Feyenoord).
- Susan Clark: Sarnia, Ontario -- Actress (Night Moves, Webster).
- Jacques Doucet: Canadian sportscaster.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?