Friday 22 March 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Haing S Ngor and Dave Keon.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 March 1940 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Haing S Ngor: Doctor / actor (Killing Fields), dies at 45.
- Dave Keon: Canadian ice hockey player.
- William Ritchie: vice-chancellor (Lancaster University).
- Peter Frost: American ecclesiastic, one of the number of priests who have had lawsuits filed against them for alleged acts of sexual abuse.
- Michael Von Preußen: German author on German history and a member of the House of Hohenzollern.
- Haing Ngor: Cambodian-American physician actor and author (d. 1996).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?