Monday 4 March 1940US date format: 3/4/1940, UK date format: 4/3/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Burke (athlete) and David Plante.
Pioneers of the West, directed by Lester Orlebeck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1940 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Ed Burke (athlete)
- David Plante: Providence Writer.
- Alpha Conde: Guinean politician and President of the...
- Volodymyr Morozov: Ukrainian flatwater canoer.
- Tom Pedigo: American set decorator (d. 2000).
- Burke : American athlete, Olympic contender of...
- Kas Garas: Kaunas, Lithuania -- Actor...
- Wolfgang Hoffmann-Riem: German legal scholar and former judge of...
- Vladimir Morozov: Ukrainian canoe racer.
- Tamara Wilcox: American actress producer and costume...
- Edward Burke: American Olympic hammer thrower.
- Arild Lund: Norwegian politician for the...