Tuesday 19 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 19, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Son of the Navy, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1940 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 March
- Gustaaf Sap: Belgian minister of Economic Affairs, dies at age 54.
- French government of Edouard Daladier falls.
- Failed British air raid on German base at Sylt.