Friday 29 March 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Allan Botschinsky and Richard Bucher.
Dark Command, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1940 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Allan Botschinsky
- Richard Bucher
- Ray Davis: American singer (The Parliaments Parliament and Funkadelic) (d. 2005).
- Godfrey Reggio: Director.
- John Suchet: English journalist and game show host.
- Astrud Gilberto: Brazilian singer-songwriter.
- Raymond Davis: American rock vocalist (Funkadelic - "Knee Deep").
- Alexander Obolensky: Russian prince and famed Rugby Union footballer who played for England.
- Joe Louis knocks out Johnny Paycheck in two rounds to retain heavyweight boxing title.