Monday 18 March 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arlette Laguiller and Hugues Gall.
Son of the Navy, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1940 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Arlette Laguiller
- Kathy Hutchinson: Race horse trainer.
- Hugues Gall: French opera director, who notably led the Grand Théâtre in Geneva and the Paris Opera.
- Arlette Laguillier: Paris 4éme Politician.
- József Tóth: Hungarian geographer and academic (d. 2013).
- World War II: Axis Powers : Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini meet at the Brenner Pass in the Alps and agree to form an alliance against France and the United Kingdom.