Wednesday 3 May 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yank Lawson and John Rhea.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1911 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan