Tuesday 11 May 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Frankie & Alice, directed by Geoffrey Sax, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Oprah by Kitty Kelley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ancient Trader or Death By Cube.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 May 2010 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 May
- The son of Corazon Aquino, Benigno Aquino III, appears set to win the presidency in the Philippine elections, which have been marred by deadly violence and malfunctioning voting machines. (''USA Today'')
- The Egyptian parliament votes to extend the country's almost three decade state of emergency for a further two years, drawing criticism from foreign governments, opposition groups, dissidents and human-rights organizations concerned with the effect that extensive police powers and the suspension of constitutional rights has on human rights in Egypt. (''The Star'')
- At least three people are injured by authorities as protesters attempt to storm Dáil Éireann in a campaign against bank bail-outs. (''The Irish Times'')
- Pope Benedict XVI and child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church:
- The Pope blames the clerical child abuse scandal on ampquotsin withinampquot the Church while on his trip to Portugal. (BBC)
- The Pope encounters thousands of Facebook protesters after a seven-week online campaign against his views on contraception and HIV/AIDS. (''The Guardian'')
- Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin speaks of ampquotnever being so disheartened and discouragedampquot about how the Church is handling the scandal at a conference in Dublin. (''BusinessWeek'')
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill:
- United States Congress begins hearings on the massive oil spill threatening sensitive marshes and marine life along the Gulf Coast as the three companies involved in the drilling activities that unleashed the environmental crisis blame each other. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Air travel disruption after the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull eruption:
- Four airports in the Canary Islands and three in southern Spain are closed, Spain's air traffic control agency Aena said. (BBC)
- Morocco closes ten airports, including Casablanca, Rabat-Sale, Tangiers, Fes, Agadir, Tan-Tan and Essaouira, for the first time. This is the first African country affected. (CNBC)
- Turkey imposes a four-hour flight ban over the country's north-west from 1200 GMT, but the main Istanbul international airport remains open. (BBC)
- 9 trapped miners found dead in coal gas leak in northwest China's Gansu Province Tuesday. (''China Daily'')
- Swedish artist Lars Vilks is headbutted and has his glasses broken by a man sitting in the front row while delivering a lecture about the limits of artistic freedom at Uppsala University, with police using pepper spray and batons on the crowd. (Radio Free Europe)
- South Africa's team manager Sipho Nkumane and commercial director Victor Nosi are suspended by the South African Football Association (SAFA) one month before the start of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Pakistan's ambassador to Iran, Mohammad Bakhsh Abbasi, is hospitalised after becoming injured in an attack by an Afghan on his car in Tehran. (BBC)
- A nearly $1 trillion rescue package to prevent the Greek sovereign debt crisis spreading in Europe will impact various facets of the Chinese economy. (Sina)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 May 2010
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Le Havre : 3 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Over - Drake
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Gitana - Shakira
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Give Me A Sign (Forever And Ever) - Breaking Benjamin
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The bank, now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland, admitted that it altered payment documents from 1995 through 2005. [..]
Banks ahead, American taxpayers lagging behind: That’s the disappointing reality after the first week of Senate action on the financial reform bill, The New York Times’s editorial board writes. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.93
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.02
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.34
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.58
- 1 CHF = 6.1422 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6974 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0901 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.113 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?