Wednesday 5 May 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Shadow of Your Smile by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arrow of Laputa or Attack of the Movies 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 2010 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 May
- Mass protests in Greece erupt in response to austerity measures imposed by the government as a result of the Greek debt crisis.
- Around 23 people are killed when a bus overturns while traveling to Cape Town, South Africa. (''Daily Nation'')
- An Egyptian-led proposal for a nuclear arms free Middle East receives support from the United States, Russia, Britain, France, and China. Israel is the only Middle Eastern nation believed to possess nuclear weapons. (Reuters)
- 2010 Greek riots
- One hundred thousand Greeks participate in a general strike in Greece to protest against ampquotausterity measuresampquot set up by the recent Papandreou's gouverment. (Al Jazeera)
- Three people die of asphyxiation due to fires set by protesters. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of India in a landmark judgment declares the use of narco tests, brain mapping tests and lie detector tests by investigative agencies unconstitutional. (HindustanTimes)
- Landsides killed 15 Chinese workers in the Tengchong County, Yunnan Province. (People)
- Somali pirates seize the Russian oil tanker with 23 people on board, 500 miles off the Somali coast. (BBC)
- The European Parliament calls on Canada to ensure visa-free travel for all EU citizens in a wide-ranging resolution, while expressing hope that the EU-Canada summit will speed up negotiations on a comprehensive trade agreement. (MSNBC)
- A prominent journalist in Somalia, Sheikh Nur Abkey, is kidnapped and then killed in Mogadishu. (BBC)
- Two men are killed and another one is wounded when unidentified gunmen open fire at a Lexus in the capital of Russia’s Caucasian republic of Dagestan, Makhachkala. (ITAR)
- Twenty-one-term U.S. Rep. Dave Obey, a Wisconsin Democrat and chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, announces he will not run for re-election in November. (AP at Yahoo)
- Democracy Now! producers file a lawsuit against multiple law enforcement agencies for allegedly unjustifiably encroaching on their First Amendment rights at the 2008 Republican National Convention. (StarTribune)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 May 2010
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Malaga : 1 - 1
- Ath Madrid - Valladolid : 3 - 1
- Mallorca - Real Madrid : 1 - 4
- Osasuna - La Coruna : 3 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Boulogne - St Etienne : 0 - 1
- Lens - Grenoble : 1 - 1
- Lorient - Monaco : 2 - 2
- Lyon - Auxerre : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aberdeen - Kilmarnock : 1 - 2
- Falkirk - St Johnstone : 0 - 0
- Fulham - Stoke : 0 - 1
- Hamilton - St Mirren : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?