Monday 31 May 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Toy Story 3, directed by Lee Unkrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Attack of the Movies 3D or Clash of the Titans.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 31 May 2010 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 May
- Louise Bourgeois: French artist, a contemporary representative of American sculpture.
- Brian Duffy: British photographer and film producer (Born 1933).
- William A Fraker: American cinematographer (Born 1923).
- Ruben Juarez: Argentine bandoneonist (Born 1947).
- Benjamin Lees: Chinese-American soldier and composer (d. 2010).
- Merata Mita: New Zealand director and producer (d. 2010).
- In the international waters, Shayetet 13 soldiers attacked with firearms to flotilla that wanted to break the blockade on Gaza Strip. During the armed aggression on the MV Mavi Marmara ship, a violent attack had started. 9 activists killed by soldiers on board, and lots of activist injured.
- Nine activists are killed in a clash with soldiers when Israeli Navy forces raid and capture a flotilla of ships attempting to break the Gaza blockade.ref name=quotedition.cnn.comquot
- 6 died, 7 ill after eating poisonous plants in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. (China Daily)
- Shanghai Expo receives over 8 million visitors in first month. (Xinhuanet)
- A mass grave containing between 20 and 25 bodies is found in an abandoned mine near Taxco, Guerrero, in Mexico. (BBC)
- German President Horst Köhler resigns after being criticized for some remarks about German military deployments. Pundits and opposition politicians call it an ampquotoverreactionampquot on his part. (''Der Spiegel'')
- Colombia's former Minister of National Defence, Juan Manuel Santos, wins the first round of the country's presidential election, but without the majority needed to avoid a June run-off with rival Antanas Mockus (Aljazeera)
- An undersea volcano erupts near Sarigan, Northern Mariana Islands, sending an eruption cloud 40,000 feet into the atmosphere, prompting Governor Benigno Fitial to declare a state of emergency. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy, speaking at the launch of the 25th Africa-France summit in Nice, calls for Africa to be represented on the United Nations Security Council, and promises to back changes when France chairs the G8 and G-20 major economies groups in 2011. (BBC)
- The Sudanese army clashes with rebel groups, among them the Justice and Equality Movement, in the Um Sauna area in western Darfur. (Businessweek)
- In the International Atomic Energy Agency's report before the United Nations Security Council votes on sanctions against Iran, international nuclear inspectors state that Iran has now produced a stockpile of nuclear fuel that would be enough, with further enrichment, to make two nuclear weapons, and it appears to bolster the Obama administration’s case for a fourth round of economic sanctions against Iran. (''Washington Times'')
- Wildfires burn across Quebec, sending smoke as far away as Ottawa and Cape Cod. (CBC News)
- Afghan authorities suspend two Christian foreign aid groups, Church World Service and Norwegian Church Aid, on suspicion of proselytizing in the strictly Islamic republic and said a follow-up investigation would include whether other groups were trying to convert Muslims. (''USA Today'')
- Gaza flotilla clash:
- A number of Israeli warships follow the Gaza-bound international flotilla as it nears its destination and an aircraft flies overhead. (The Press Association)
- Three Israeli navy missile boats leave the Haifa naval base in northern Israel in a planned attempt to intercept the Gaza-bound international flotilla. (''The New York Times'')
- Nearly all Israeli unions announce a boycott of organized workers' trips to Turkey due to the country's support for the flotilla, with one saying that ampquotTurkey had been wiped off the workers unions' travel mapsampquot. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- 50 injuries are reported. (Ynetnews)
- According to Israel's Defense minister, Ehud Barak, IDF chief of staff and Navy commander, the organisers are to blame for deaths from the Israeli attacks upon the flotilla, with Barak saying that the soldiers tried to board the ship peacefully but were forced to open fire to protect themselves. (Ynet)
- Pope Benedict XVI and child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church:
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Gitana - Shakira
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Sick Puppies - Odd One
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
“Jonah Hex” is Warner Brothers’s latest effort to find a movie hit in the graphic novels and hard-edged comics of its DC Entertainment unit. [..]
Free-to-air mobile TV is common just about everywhere except the United States and Europe, where operator resistance, technical standards and licensing hurdles have interfered with the spread of the technology. [..]
- 1 CHF = 5.9077 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5433 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.1062 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.786 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?