Sunday 23 May 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Not Afraid by Eminem.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Awkward Embraces.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AirAttack or Bit.Trip Runner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 May 2010 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 May
- At least 19 passengers were killed and more than 70 were injured, when a landslide in rain-drenched Yujiang, East China's Jiangxi Province. (Global Times)
- A state of emergency is declared in the Jamaican capital Kingston after armed gangs attacked police and blockaded parts of the city in an attempt to prevent the arrest of a drug lord. (CNN)
- A five-day strike at British Airways is announced to begin tomorrow following a breakdown in talks which were invaded by protesters yesterday. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Voters in Ethiopia go to the polls to elect members of the House of Peoples' Representatives. (''TIME'')
- The opposition reveals evidence of corruption by the government as the elections are happening, including rigging, blocking, arrests, intimidation and privacy concerns. (Al Jazeera)
- Voting ends and the counting begins. (Al Jazeera)
- Voters in Nagorno-Karabakh vote in a parliamentary election as more than 70 international observers watch. (Reuters)
- A train traveling from Shanghai to Guilin derails in a mountainous area near Fuzhou, Jiangxi, China, and is destroyed, killing at least 19 and injuring 71 others. (Al Jazeera)
- Clashes break out between Indian and Pakistani troops near the border in the disputed Kashmir region. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Dozens of masked gunmen from an Islamist group break into a United Nations-run Gaza summer camp for children and set it on fire, after beating up the guard and destroying the plastic tents. (Al Jazeera)
- Somalia's presidential palace is targeted by Al-Shabab militants in a mortar attack. (AP)
- Rescue teams hunt for the data recorders from Air India Express Flight 812. (Japan Today)
- Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama makes an apology for breaking an election promise to get rid of a U.S. military base located in Okinawa which he and the United States believe is ampquotneeded to guarantee regional securityampquot. Demonstrators affected by this failure order him to ampquotgo homeampquot. (BBC)
- Mordechai Vanunu, the Israeli nuclear whistleblower who spent 18 years in prison, goes back to jail for violating the terms of his parole. (CNN)
- Sinking of the ROKS ''Cheonan'':
- South Korea announces it will take the case of the sinking of the ''Cheonan'' to the United Nations Security Council. (Xinhua)
- South Korean President Lee Myung-bak says North Korea will pay the price for the sinking. (VoA)
- The Cuban government eases jail conditions for political prisoners following talks with Catholic Church leaders and President Raúl Castro. (BBC)
- Maria Vittoria Longhitano, Italy's first woman priest, belonging to a breakaway Catholic order, is ordained. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Catholic Church requests the public to donate at least £1 million to church collections today to fund three big open air masses at which Pope Benedict XVI will present while in the UK. The rest of the money is paid for by the British government. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 May 2010
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Sociedad : 1 - 0
- Cadiz - Murcia : 1 - 0
- Recreativo - Hercules : 0 - 0
- Vallecano - Salamanca : 0 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Padova : 1 - 2
- Ascoli - Frosinone : 1 - 2
- Brescia - Salernitana : 3 - 0
- Cesena - Modena : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?