Wednesday 12 May 2010US date format: 5/12/2010, UK date format: 12/5/2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 12, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Frankie & Alice, directed by Geoffrey Sax, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale or Dead or Alive Paradise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 May 2010 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 May
- An Afriqiyah Airways Flight crashes and kills everyone but one person on board.
- A possible supermassive black hole is witnessed being hurled from its parent galaxy at high speed. (BBC)
- Afriqiyah Airways Flight 771 crashes at runway at Tripoli International Airport in Libya, killing 103 of the 104 people on board.
- Global Green USA attends BioShield 2010 Tabletop Exercise in Tbilisi, Georgia. (Global Green)
- Airports in Morocco, Spain and Portugal reopen after days of Icelandic volcanic disruption. (NEWS.com.au)
- The International Committee of the Red Cross confirms reports of a second, secret US prison at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan after new allegations of torture. (BBC)
- Russia and Turkey sign a $20 billion deal permitting Moscow to build and own a controlling stake in Ankara's first nuclear power plant. (Al Jazeera)
- Mayor Jejomar Binay and Senator Mar Roxas are still in a tight race for the vice-presidency. ''(Philippine Daily Inquirer)''
- Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is elected as representative of Pampanga, the first outgoing president to be elected to the House of Representatives. (GMA News)
- Former First Lady Imelda Marcos is elected as representative of Ilocos Norte. ''(Philippine Daily Inquirer)''
- World-renowned boxer Manny Pacquiao is elected as representative of Sarangani. ''(Philippine Star)''
- The Chengdu-Dujiangyan High-Speed Railway begins operation in Sichuan, China, on the second anniversary of the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. ''(China Daily)''
- In South Sudan there is violence for the third time in a week between the army and forces led by the former general George Athor. (Reuters)
- 9 people, including 7 children, are killed at a school near Hanzhong city, Shaanxi, China. (AP)
- A bomb planted inside a grocery store in a mainly Shi'ite area of Baghdad kills three people and wounds 23. (TVNZ)
- Irish authorities launch an investigation into last night's ampquotviolent incidentampquot which saw protesters attempt to storm Dáil Éireann in a campaign against bank bail-outs. (TV3)
- Spain's Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero announces wage cuts for state employees and a reduction in investment in response to his country's budget deficit. (Al Jazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI, accompanied by tens of thousands of pilgrims, visits the famous Catholic shrine to the Virgin Mary in Fatima, as part of his four-day visit to Portugal, and recalls the assassination attempt on his predecessor there. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- North Korea says it has undertaken nuclear fusion, a claim disputed by international scientists. (''China Daily'')
Sport Games on 12 May 2010
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lyon - Monaco : 3 - 0
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Over - Drake
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Gitana - Shakira
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Give Me A Sign (Forever And Ever) - Breaking Benjamin
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Some analysts challenged the wisdom of the rescue package’s main component, a promise of new loans to bail out European economies. [..]
After governing New Jersey and running Goldman Sachs, Jon S. Corzine is back on Wall Street building MF Global, a much smaller brokerage firm. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.59
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.32
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.05
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.69
- 1 CHF = 6.1467 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7001 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0897 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.105 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?