Friday 21 May 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 21, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Not Afraid by Eminem.
Unthinkable, directed by Gregor Jordan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain Tsubasa: Gekito no Kiseki Captain Tsubasa: New Kick Off or Dance Dance Revolution Music Fit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 May 2010 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 May
- The death toll from Friday's suicide minibus bomb attack in Diyala province, Iraq rose to 35 killed and 69 wounded. (Xinhua)
- Salva Kiir Mayardit is inaugurated as the first elected president of Southern Sudan. (''he Washington Post'')
- Gurkha leader Madan Tamang is stabbed to death by a mob at the start a public meeting in West Bengal. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Nigeriens flee across the border into Nigeria due to a food crisis in Niger. (BBC)
- Delhi High Court acquits three accused in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case at Shastri Nagar in North Delhi following the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984. (''The Hindu'')
- Hundreds of people protest in Cannes over ''Hors-la-loi'', a Rachid Bouchareb directed film about Algeria's struggle for independence against France. (''The Times'')
- Campaigners against an immigration law in the U.S. state of Arizona adopt children's cartoon character Dora the Explorer as a symbol of their cause. (''The Washington Post'')
- Guards at the Kaziranga National Park (KNP) near Guwahati intercept and kill four poachers in the most successful operation ever against poachers in the northeast of India. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Prosecutors of the Special Court for Sierra Leone request United Nations judges to force supermodel Naomi Campbell to testify over allegations that she received a blood diamond from the former President of Liberia Charles Taylor. (CNN)
- Taliban and Afghan government representatives meet for unofficial talks in the Maldives. (Al Jazeera)
- A court restores the Indian Hockey Federation, two years after it was dissolved by the country's Olympic chiefs over bribery allegations and poor on-field results. (Press Trust of India'')
- A bid is unsuccessful by South Africa's Jamiatul Ulama Transvaal to stop the publication of Jonathan Shapiro's cartoon of Muhammad on a psychiatrist's couch bemoaning his followers' sense of humour failure. (Al Jazeera)
- Middle East:
- Israeli troops kill two Palestinian militants as they attempt to infiltrate into Israel from the Gaza Strip. (BBC)
- An Israeli soldier patrolling the Gaza border is wounded by a Palestinian sniper firing from inside Gaza. (Ynetnews)
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill :
- The COO of BP says a gusher of oil pouring from its damaged Gulf of Mexico well could be shut off as early as next week, but noted the plugging operation is ampquotquite complexampquot and has never been tried in water that deep. (CNN)
- United States Director of National Intelligence, Dennis C. Blair, announces his resignation. (Al Jazeera)
- JAXA successfully launched venus probe and IKAROS, the first interplanetary spacecraft with a solar-sail. (BBC)
- Popular musician Bono undergoes emergency spinal surgery in Munich, causing the cancellation of a leg of U2's current world tour. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Over - Drake
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Gitana - Shakira
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Fears that the fragile economic recovery in the United States might be threatened by the financial and political crisis in Europe gripped Wall Street on Thursday, sending the stock market into a sharp decline and leaving anxious traders wondering where the pain might stop. [..]
The Japanese economy grew at a healthy clip of 1.2 percent in the first quarter, hinting that Japan’s recovery is finally gathering momentum. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.38
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $65.99
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.58
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $44.96
- 1 CHF = 5.9368 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4434 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0845 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.688 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?