Friday 28 May 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Prince Louis of Bourbon .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Raajneeti, directed by Prakash Jha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avalon Heroes or Azkend.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 May 2010 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Prince Louis of Bourbon: elder son of Prince Louis, Duke of Anjou.
- Contributions from Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland allow the World Bank to cancel $36 million in Haiti's remaining debt following January's devastating earthquake. (CNN)
- At least three people die, at least four others are missing, a 15-day state of calamity is declared and the international airport is shut down due to the eruption of the Pacaya volcano in Guatemala. (CNN)
- Hundreds of corpses buried in a mudslide which swept away three villages on the slopes of Mount Elgon near Bududa, Uganda, three months ago are yet to be recovered. (BBC)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Five boats belonging to pro-Israel advocacy group StandWithUs leave Ashdod and Herzliya to demonstrate against the international flotilla by displaying “Free Gaza from Hamas” banners and wearing bloodstained T-shirts, representing Hamas’ attacks. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Israeli Navy also sets off to confront the international flotilla carrying 10,000 tons of humanitarian aid as hundreds of people on board attempt to break the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip. (''The Guardian'')
- The meeting is considered an international ampquotpublic relations battleampquot to be ampquotwaged on the high seasampquot. (CNN)
- Israel's foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman denies the existence of a humanitarian crisis and says the flotilla is ampquotan attempt at violent propaganda against Israelampquot and promises that ampquotIsrael will not allow a violation of its sovereignty at sea, in the air, or on landampquot. (Ynetnews)
- Voters in the Czech Republic vote in legislative elections. (Reuters)
- Nepal heads towards another political crisis. (Al Jazeera)
- North Korea:
- A leaked United Nations report states that North Korea is exporting nuclear technology to Burma, Iran and Syria. (''The Guardian'')
- China says it will ampquotnot protectampquot whoever sank the ROKS ''Cheonan'' in March. (BBC)
- Peruvian AIDESEP indigenous leader Alberto Pizango, detained on Wednesday as he returned from almost a year in exile in Nicaragua and charged with objecting to oil digging in the rainforest, is released on bail. (BBC)
- President of South Africa Jacob Zuma, in a rare disagreement with another African state, issues a statement of condemnation following Malawi's sentencing of a same-sex couple to 14 years in jail. (IOL)
- The BBC intervenes and tensions escalate after the UK cabinet members' threat to boycott ''Question Time'' unless Alastair Campbell, former adviser to Tony Blair, is removed from the panel. (BBC)
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill:
- BP and other agencies report progress in halting the flow of oil using a ampquottop killampquot operation. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama fends off criticism that he has been too slow to respond. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Indonesia announces a two-year moratorium on rainforest logging in return for up to $1bn in aid from Norway, which will help preserve forests. (The Jakarta Post)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Gitana - Shakira
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The clothing chain’s new campaign still features its chief executive, George A. Zimmer, but company’s new commercials are also giving prominent roles to actors. [..]
The arrival of a massive dredger to cut a deep-water channel for a planned container port has raised fears that toxic residues, long buried in the riverbed, could be released back into the water. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.37
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $71.45
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.25
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.06
- 1 CHF = 5.8928 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4793 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0966 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.788 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?