Tuesday 3 November 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Smith .
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1942 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Martin Smith: American author and screenwriter.
- Carl Sternheim: German dramatist best known for plainly written satiric comedies about middle-class values and aspirations.
- 12th day of battle at El Alamein: Scottish assault
- Despite Ted Williams wins Triple Crown, Yanks Joe Gordon wins AL MVP
- Mort Cooper wins NL MVP
- William L Dawson elected to Congress from Chicago
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?