Wednesday 3 September 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Huffington and Gérard Houllier.
Dark Passage, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1947 ?
- Michael Huffington: US oil millionaire (Rep-R-California, 1992-94).
- Gérard Houllier: French football manager of the clubs Paris Saint-Germain, RC Lens, Liverpool (with whom he won the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup in 2001), Olympique Lyonnais (two French titles), and Aston Villa (2010-2011, resigning due to frequent hospitalisation over heart problems).
- Eric Bell: Northern Irish guitarist and songwriter (Thin Lizzy and The Noel Redding Band).
- Kjell Bondevik: Norwegian minister and politician 26th Prime Minister of Norway.
- Michael Connarty: Scottish educator and politician.
- Yanks get 18 singles to beat Red Soxs 11-2
- Philadelphia Athletics' Bill McCahan no-hits Washington Senators, 3-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Feudin' and Fightin'
- I Have But One Heart (O Marinariello) - Vic Damone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?