Wednesday 3 September 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 3, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Draghi and Gérard Houllier.
Les maudits, directed by René Clément, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1947 ?
- Mario Draghi: Italian banker and economist.
- Gérard Houllier: French football manager of the clubs Paris Saint-Germain, RC Lens, Liverpool (with whom he won the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup in 2001), Olympique Lyonnais (two French titles), and Aston Villa (2010-2011, resigning due to frequent hospitalisation over heart problems).
- Isabelle Mayereau
- Odon Vallet
- Michael Huffington: US oil millionaire (Rep-R-California, 1992-94).
- Susan Milan: English flute player and composer.
- Eric Bell: Northern Irish guitarist and songwriter (Thin Lizzy and The Noel Redding Band).
- Kjell Bondevik: Norwegian minister and politician 26th Prime Minister of Norway.
- Michael Connarty: Scottish educator and politician.
- Yanks get 18 singles to beat Red Soxs 11-2
- Philadelphia Athletics' Bill McCahan no-hits Washington Senators, 3-0.