Thursday 3 September 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 3, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Jardine and Patrick Lassourd.
Manila Calling, directed by Herbert I. Leeds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1942 ?
- Al Jardine: American musician, one of the founders of the Beach Boys in 1961 with the three Wilson brothers and their cousin Mike Love.
- Patrick Lassourd
- Robert Shapiro: Lawyer.
- Lynn Samuels: Entertainer.
- John Shrapnel: English actor.
- Ida Alkire: Japanese-American community activist born after her father and nine older siblings were sent off to the internment camp on May 18, 1942, even though the parents had been US residents in Seattle for more than 20 years.
- World War II: In response to news of its coming liquidation, Dov Lopatyn leads an uprising in the Ghetto of Lakhva, in present-day Belarus.
- WWII: A German attempt to liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Lakhva leads to an uprising.