Sunday 6 September 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 6, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Jack Max and Werner Herzog.
Manila Calling, directed by Herbert I. Leeds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1942 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Werner Herzog: Director.
- Harry Jack Max: Rocker.
- Les Burns: Local councillor.
- Richard Anthony Hutton: England cricketer.
- Dave Bargeron: American trombonist and tuba player (Blood Sweat & Tears).
- Richard Hutton: English cricketer.
- Mel McDaniel: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2011).
- Carol Wayne: American actress (d. 1985).
- 56th US Womens Tennis: Pauline Betz beats A Louise Brough (46 61 64)