Monday 7 September 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Best and Alan Oakes.
Deep in the Heart of Texas, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1942 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Billy Best: Scottish footballer.
- Alan Oakes: English footballer and manager.
- Andrew Stone: Baron Stone of Blackheath English businessman and politician.
- Jonathan Turner: American sociologist.
- 62nd US Mens Tennis: F Schroeder Jr beats F Parker (86 75 36 46 62)
- German occupiers take silver anniversary coins in battle
- Holocaust: 8,700 Jews of Kolomyia (western Ukraine) sent by German Gestapo to death camp in Belzec.
- First flight of the Consolidated B-32 Dominator.