Saturday 5 September 1942US date format: 9/5/1942, UK date format: 5/9/1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Werner Herzog and Denise Fabre.
Manila Calling, directed by Herbert I. Leeds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1942 ?
- Werner Herzog: German actor director producer and...
- Denise Fabre: French television personality, best...
- Francis Leroi
- Eduardo Mata in Mexico City: Mexico; conductor (Improvisaciones).
- Raymond Floyd: Athlete.
- Eduardo Mata: Mexican conductor, dies in air crash at...
- Ray Floyd: Athlete.
- Bob Filner: Politician.
- Francois de Labouchere: French aviator of World War II,...
- Battle at Alam Halfa ends
- British and US bomb Le Havre and Bremen
- World War II: Japanese high command orders withdrawal at Milne Bay, first Japanese defeat in the Pacific War.
- The Jews of Wolbrom, Poland were rounded up by the Germans and their collaborators. What was once a flourishing community suddenly ceased to exist. On One Clear Day: The Story of the Jewish Community of Wolbrom Before, During and After the Holocaust