Saturday 5 September 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Werner Herzog and Denise Fabre.
Across the Pacific, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Dragon Seed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1942 ?
- Werner Herzog: German actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Denise Fabre: French television personality, best known for her role as an in-vision continuity announcer.
- Francis Leroi
- Eduardo Mata in Mexico City: Mexico; conductor (Improvisaciones).
- Eduardo Mata: Mexican conductor, dies in air crash at age 52.
- Francois de Labouchere: French aviator of World War II, compagnon de la Liberation.
- Battle at Alam Halfa ends
- British and US bomb Le Havre and Bremen
- World War II: Japanese high command orders withdrawal at Milne Bay, first Japanese defeat in the Pacific War.
- The Jews of Wolbrom, Poland were rounded up by the Germans and their collaborators. What was once a flourishing community suddenly ceased to exist. On One Clear Day: The Story of the Jewish Community of Wolbrom Before, During and After the Holocaust
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?