Wednesday 30 September 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 30, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Altan (cartoonist) and Frankie Lymon.
Eyes in the Night, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1942 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Altan (cartoonist)
- Frankie Lymon: American singer (Born 1942).
- Ian McShane: Actor.
- Donna Leon: Author.
- Bill Nelson: Politician.
- Dewey Martin: Canada -- Rock vocalist / drummer (Buffalo Springfield).
- Madeline Kahn: Actress.
- Frankie Lymon in New York City: New York, USA; rocker (Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers - "Why do Fools Fall in Love").
- Alton : Italian cartoonist, noted in his field.
- Frankie Lymon: Singer, dies at 25.
- Gus Dudgeon: British pop producer (Joan Armatrading, David Bowie).
- Sture Pettersson: Sweden -- Cyclist (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- John Sexton: Educator.
- Hans-Joachim Marseille: German Luftwaffe fighter pilot and flying ace during World War II.
- 98 U-boats sunk this month (485,000 tons)
- SS exterminates 3,500 Jews in Zelov Lodz Poland in 6 week period